Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Neglected, part 2.

Ok so I have been bad again. I was going to write this post a few days ago but the product of my demise was still working on me and I just couldn't get the needed energy to write about it!

What was my demise you ask........The Flu! 5 days of aches, pains, stuffiness, tiredness and all kinds of yuck, plus a few extra days of general blah. I got a tickle in my throat two weeks ago, was ok the next morning but about the time I brought Dylan home from school I was feeling it. I decided to go lay down in our room, get a bit of rest and didn't get back up!

Tim being the wonderful husband that he is took care of the kids. Made dinner every night, bathed the kids. He made sure he left work every morning in time to take Dylan to school. There was no way I could make it to the bus stop. He got up early every afternoon to pick Dylan up from school, while I laid in bed pitifully.

I can not remember the last time the flu has hit me like that. The boys were wonderful. They would come up and see me, giving me love in the form of hugs and crawling all over me. When Tim left for work they would shut down the TV and lights and come up stairs. Dylan would make sure I was tucked in, they would give me a hug then Dylan would tuck Deven into bed, plug in their night lights, turn on their radio and crawl into bed. I was so proud of them both!

So I went to bed Wednesday afternoon and Monday morning finally drug myself out of bed, hacking up what was left of my lungs and went to urgent care while Tim stayed home and did our laundry. I was worried with my cough that I was fighting bronchitis but thankfully it was just the flu with an ear infection. That was 9 days ago, I am still coughing. I am almost done with my meds and though my ears are better I can still feel fluid in them.

It has been spreading around Dylan's school like, well, like the flu. Sinus infections, coughs and general flu like symptoms are taking down kids and parents alike.It has no mercy! It is ruthless! Thank goodness I am mostly past it. The boys had a cough for 3 days and Deven had a fever one day but it didn't go any further. Tim has been feeling achy and tired and had some congestion but it doesn't look like it is going to hit him full fledged. His symptoms are already starting to subside. My dad however is down today. He had to call off work and has been in bed all day long.

Looks like Winter is going out like a lion, at least in the cold and flu department!

And for our next blog, coming soon, Dylan goes Midwest with his newest haircut and Deven screams like a girl while getting his!

0 comments: