Thursday, June 19, 2008

Drivers test

So when you move to a new state you have to get a new DL! As you all know the other day I went in to get my DL and found out I was missing necessary documents. Well on Tuesday I got my birth certificate in the mail. So this morning I got up, straightend my hair, took Tim and the boys to Miami fort park and went to go get my new license. I was confident that I was good to go. I walked in and handed the lady all my paperwork, even thought to bring in my marriage certificate to prove my name change.
I got all the paperwork done and then I took my test and walked over to a seat to take it. There were some 48 questions in all, the last 12 were identifying road signs. You can miss 6 of the questions and 2 road sign identifications. As I am reading I realize there are a couple I am bit unsire of but for the most part I am pretty happy with my answers.
I take my test up and watch her grade it. I count 7 mistakes and I am hoping I somehow missed a street sign...but no, I missed 7 questions! One of them was totally my fault because filled in the wrong bubble, I knew the right answer! Another one we have all agreed I was right. The question is, your approaching an intersection and the light turns yellow, what do you do? Speed up and get through the intersection quickly, stop, or get into the intersection before the light turns red. Now I know what we all tend to do, speed up and get through it. But, I answered come to a stop. You aren't supposed to try to make it through, your supposed to slow down when the light turns yellow! Nope according to this your supposed to get into the intersection before the light turns red! WTF
I also missed the unposted speed limit for the county roads, 50mph and the highway, 55mph. I have never seen so many different speed limits in my life!
Anyways if Tim has tonight off, which I hope he doesn't, they have only called him in once this week so far though, but if he is off then I will take the test again tomorrow, if not the I will take it saturday and pray that I pass!

0 comments: